This resort-like ocean view 5 Bedroom 3 bath home with swimming pool, waterfalls, stream and outdoor gas fire pit is ideally located on a quiet cul-de-sac in Kailua-Kona just minutes from the beach, Kailua-Kona and Keauhou.
From the moment you walk through the sculptured gate, into the private, tropically landscaped pool and hot tub area, the sound of the stream and waterfalls floods your senses. Stepping through the double front doors, the open floor plan and indoor/outdoor quality of the home says “rest and relaxation”. Immediately you are drawn through the opened bi-fold doors onto the very large covered lanai, where the gentle ocean breezes sweep through the house, and the ocean view captures your attention.
This home is perfect for family vacations with its multiple living and entertaining areas:
• The lava rock enclosed front yard with the pool and hot tub, waterfalls and stream, BBQ, and propane fire pit. The stream has three shallow pools that excellent for children to splash around in.
• The living room with flat screen TV, Blu Ray DVD player, and surround sound entertainment system, including a line-in for streaming from electronic devices
• A cozy sitting room adjacent to the open kitchen (that has bar stools encircling the counter)
• The large covered lanai “living room” with skylights, ceiling fans and ocean views
• The dining area, also on the large covered lanai (with a teak dining table for 6 that easily extends to comfortably seat 12), also enjoying ocean and sunset views
• An air conditioned lower level family/game room with highboy game table, flat screen TV with Blu Ray DVD player, piano and access to the small grassy back yard / play area (couch in the game room is also a queen size hide-a-bed)
All Together, there are six gathering spaces for both large and intimate gatherings.
On the main level you will find the living room and sitting room area (described above), and a fully equipped kitchen with all the cooking, serving and tableware that you could ever want, along with the appliances you would expect, and some that just make life a little more fun. A great feature of the home is the very large, covered lanai with its living and dining areas where you can watch the famous Kona sunsets, breaching whales in the winter, and para-sailers all year long. The house is close enough to the water that you can hear large surf in the early morning (along with the delighted surfer’s yells), and will lull you to sleep at night. Also on the main level is the romantic and spacious Master Bedroom with hand-carved Indonesian furnishings including a four post Queen size bed, flat screen TV, with Blu-Ray DVD player, skylight, two closets (one is walk-in) and a newly remodeled en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and another skylight. As well, there are two additional bedrooms (one with a Queen size bed, the other with two Twin beds and a lofted twin bed futon sleeping area) and second newly remodeled bathroom with bathtub/shower.
Downstairs is a fourth bedroom with Queen bed. The fifth air-conditioned bedroom doubles as a large game and family room with flat screen TV, high-top game table and pull out Queen size sofa bed. This family room also has a sliding glass door with access to the lawn area. The lower level also has the third newly remodeled bath and a laundry room with a new washer and dryer.
Ceiling fans in every bedroom and living area help carry the already cooling breezes from the ocean. To provide additional cooling when needed, each bedroom comes equipped with an oscillating raised fan. A wall-mounted air conditioning unit is in the downstairs family room.
Beach chairs, cooler, umbrellas, beach and pool toys are waiting for you in the large 2 car garage (with garage door openers, of course).
Due to numerous stairs, this home is not suitable for people with mobility issues.
Not suitable for ADA, no smoking, no pets property. There is a 10 night minimum during Ironman and Christmas. Hawaii Tax ID: W40943458-01