Update from Kona Coast Vacations
*Updated July 8, 2021
We are delighted to be able to welcome you back to the Big Island of Hawaii! Hawai’i’s 10-day mandatory self-quarantine remains in place for all trans-Pacific passengers, but new exceptions are now available. Beginning July 8, 2021, travelers entering the state from the U.S. and its Territories who have been fully vaccinated in the United States may bypass quarantine without a pre-travel test. *Important links and information about travel to Hawaii are provided below and please check local travel advice where you live and work. KCV is not an expert in Hawaii Travel information, so Please visit the Hawaii Department of Health Website for the most up to date information and latest rules for avoiding quarantine.
Please visit the Hawaii Department of Health’s website dedicated to Covid-19 information https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/
- New Mandatory online travel forms required for all travelers. Click Here
- Direct link to the Safe Travels program form. Safe Travels Form.
- If you are a guest with questions about your reservation, please call 808-329-2140
- *The vaccination record document or the negative test result from a trusted partner, must be uploaded to Safe Travels or printed out prior to depature AND hard copy in hand when arriving in Hawaii. If you do not have the test results by that time, you will be forced to quarantine for 10 days.
“The negative test result must be uploaded onto Safe Travels prior to departure or printed out prior to departure and hard copy in hand when arriving in Hawai‘i.”
- The counties of Kaua‘i, Maui, and the island of Hawai‘i are each managing their own inter-county travel quarantine processes. Please click HERE to view specific Big Island requirements.
Here are some of the precautionary measures we are taking to keep us all safe:
- We have always used cleaning products with disinfectant. In addition to normal cleaning procedures, our housekeeping staff will increase focus on “high touch” items like light switches, doorknobs, remotes, etc. KCV is following the guidelines established by Vacation Rental Management Association and Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals
- No Contact Check-In. Check-in for all properties is available via Electronic lock or Lock box directly at the accommodation
- If you have any questions, please contact our office at 808-329-2140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I avoid a 10-day quarantine while in Hawaii?
Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result must be provided upon arrival and be in your possession before departing on the last leg to Hawaii. If not fully vaccinated, Hawaii requires travelers take an FDA-authorized nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) from an approved CLIA licensed or certified lab within 72 hours of departure. If you have a multi-city itinerar, it’s the departure time at the last city before arriving at a Hawaii airport. Travelers will have their temperatures checked upon arrival and must fill out a travel and health form on the Safe Travels Form.
Does it matter who administers the test?
Yes, it matters. Hawaii will only accept pre-tests from these TRUSTED PARTNERS
If I don’t have a negative COVID-19 test prior to arrival, am I allowed to quarantine at your rental?
No. At this time, Vacation Rentals are not permitted as designated quarantine locations.
Does Hawaii have a mask mandate?
All travelers should note that there is a statewide mask mandate requiring everyone age five and up to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when indoors. The mask mandate applies regardless of an individual’s vaccination or COVID testing status. Mask Guidance
I got my COVID-19 vaccination, am I except from quarantine?
Starting July 8, 2021, no testing or quarantine will be required for those fully vaccinated.The exemption is for those vaccinated in all US states and territories. Proof of vaccination still must uploaded to the state’s Safe Travels website. You should also bring a copy of your vaccination card. Travel FAQ
If I have recovered from COVID-19 but still test positive for the virus do I still have to quarantine?
To request an exemption, go to ag.hawaii.gov/travelexemption. Please allow a week for processing.
Can I get a COVID-19 test upon arrival?
No, the test has to be taken within 72 hours of your departure to Hawaii.
Can I get a refund if I’m diagnosed with COVID-19 prior to travel?
Please refer to our Travel Policies. Travel Insurance is offered at an additional cost and is recommended.
Will complex amenities (pool, spa, etc.,) be available to use?
Available amenities vary at each Complex, many have restricted use. Please inquire with KCV.
Are restaurants or other businesses open?
Hawaii Island/State of Hawaii are following governmental guidelines for the Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. Currently, many businesses are in the process of re-opening. Some restaurants are now open for sit down dining while others are offering takeout. We recommend to call ahead or look at the business/vendor website.