Update from Kona Coast Vacations
*Updated May 15, 2020
The health and safety of our residents and visitors are paramount and as such, we want to ensure you are fully informed of the impacts of COVID-19 on our area and the current status of travel. As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we’ll continue to post updates on this page. In the meantime, stay healthy and stay safe. We can’t wait to see you again!
- Hawaii’s Governor has proclaimed that Vacation Rentals are non-essential operations and that no existing or new reservations will be allowed to arrive during the Month of June 2020.
- If you are a guest with questions about your reservation, please call 808-329-2140.
- County of Hawaii COVID-19 resources. https://www.hawaiicounty.gov/coronavirus
- Hawaii’s mandatory 14 Day Quarantine required. https://hidot.hawaii.gov/coronavirus/
- For the most up-to-date information and current protocols on COVID-19, visit cdc.gov.
Here are some of the precautionary measures we are taking:
- We have always used cleaning products with disinfectant. In addition to normal cleaning procedures, our housekeeping staff will increase focus on “high touch” items like light switches, doorknobs, remotes, etc.
- No Contact Check-In. Check-in for all properties is available via Electronic lock or Lock box directly at the accommodation
- If you have any questions, please contact our office at 808-329-2140 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Are you providing refunds on bookings?
If your reservation arrives after April 25th or up to June 30 of 2020, we will allow you to move the reservation within 365 days of arrival, in the same property and we will waive any change fees for any deferral. This is subject to seasonal rate changes. If you decide to come in holiday season versus value season for example, guests will be responsible for only the rate difference and taxes on those differences.
I do not wish to have a travel credit – what will I get back if I cancel?
The amount that is refunded to you will depend upon the cancellation policy of the website you booked with and your dates of travel, but at a minimum you will receive a refund of the cleaning fee, booking fee and Peace of Mind Protection.
What happens if I choose to cancel my booking?
As per our terms and conditions, if you wish to cancel your booking, the cancellation policy of the website you booked with will apply. If you wish to cancel and have booked through AirBnb or HomeAway, please submit a cancellation request through those websites.
Isn’t there a travel ban?
Current Safer at Home order expires June 30, 2020. Your questions can be answered by the Hawaii Department of Transportation – Airports Division. You can reach them by email at email@example.com or by phone at (808) 836-6413
What if I have a booking after June 30?
Please contact us towards the end of June and we will discuss options regarding your booking.
Do I have to stay at the same house?
Yes. As proceeds of payments go directly to owners we cannot switch your stay to another property.
What if the dates I choose are different to my current dates?
Think of the travel credit like a store gift card – you can use it how you wish. If you book more expensive dates you can pay the additional balance, if you book cheaper dates you can use the remaining balance to book another set of dates.
Once I’ve selected my rescheduled dates can I change the dates?
You can only change the dates for a second time if there are Coronavirus restrictions still in place. This will be at our discretion.
Can I pick dates beyond 12 Months?
No. We feel 12 months is a sufficient period to select dates from.
I’ve already cancelled my booking – can I still get the travel credit?
We can arrange a travel credit equal to the amount you have paid.