Update from Kona Coast Vacations
*Updated October 27, 2020
We are delighted to be able welcome you back to the Big Island of Hawaii! We’ve missed seeing our extended ohana and we look forward to hosting new friends! Governor Ige announced that the pre-testing program for COVID-19 will begin on October 15, 2020. The pre-travel testing will enable the traveler to avoid the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Important links and information are provided below.
Please visit the Hawaii Department of Health’s website dedicated to Covid-19 information https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/
- New Mandatory online travel forms required for all travelers. Click Here
- Direct link to the Safe Travels program form. Safe Travels Form.
- If you are a guest with questions about your reservation, please call 808-329-2140
- Mandatory Second test tentatively approved for travelers to the Big Island
Here are some of the precautionary measures we are taking to keep us all safe:
- We have always used cleaning products with disinfectant. In addition to normal cleaning procedures, our housekeeping staff will increase focus on “high touch” items like light switches, doorknobs, remotes, etc. KCV is following the guidelines established by Vacation Rental Management Association and Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals
- No Contact Check-In. Check-in for all properties is available via Electronic lock or Lock box directly at the accommodation
- If you have any questions, please contact our office at 808-329-2140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I avoid a 14-day quarantine while in Hawaii?
A negative COVID-19 test result must be provided upon arrival. Hawaii requires travelers take an FDA-authorized nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) from a CLIA licensed or certified lab within 72 hours of departure. If you have a multi-city itinerar, it’s the departure time at the last city before arriving at a Hawaii airport. Travelers will have their temperatures checked upon arrival and must fill out a travel and health form on the Safe Travels Form. *2nd test required for travelers on arrival to the Big Island
Does it matter who administers the test?
Yes, it matters. Hawaii will only accept pre-tests from these TRUSTED PARTNERS
If I don’t have a negative COVID-19 test prior to arrival, am I allowed to quarantine at your rental?
No. At this time, Vacation Rentals are not permitted as designated quarantine locations.
Are minors required to be tested?
Yes. To avoid quarantine all travelers age 5 and older need to get a pre-travel test.
Can I get a COVID-19 test upon arrival?
No, the test has to be taken within 72 hours of your departure to Hawaii; however, as of 10/9/20, Hawaii County has said a second non-evasive Covid test will be given to travelers upon arrival to the Big Island.
Can I get a refund if I’m diagnosed with COVID-19 prior to travel?
Please refer to our Travel Policies. Travel Insurance is offered at an additional cost and is recommended.
Will complex amenities (pool, spa, etc.,) be available to use?
Available amenities vary at each Complex, many have restricted use. Please inquire with KCV.
Are restaurants or other businesses open?
Hawaii Island/State of Hawaii are following governmental guidelines for the Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. Currently, many businesses are in the process of re-opening. Some restaurants are now open for sit down dining while others are offering takeout. We recommend to call ahead or look at the business/vendor website.